Monday 3 August 2015

Memory Issue when Building Cordova Project in Visual Studio 2015

I have just upgraded my desktop to Windows 10 and installed Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition. When trying to build my first Apache Cordova project in VS2015, I got these errors:
Could not create the Java virtual machine
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap


After trying to google for the solution, I found one that is better than the others. It told me to add a new system variable _JAVA_OPTIONS with -Xmx512M as the value.

Below is the detail:
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced, then click Environment Variables. Click New on the System variables section then put:
Variable name: _JAVA_OPTIONS
Variable value: -Xmx512M

Solved my issue right away.

No comments: